top of page

Trupanion Medical Insurance

 

Do you need insurance for your cat?

Just like insurance for humans, medical insurance for pets protects against the costs of unexpected illnesses and injuries. Whether your fur baby snags a claw or develops a serious condition such as feline leukemia, Trupanion is here to cover 90% of your eligible out-of-pocket veterinary expenses. With the best coverage in the industry, we give you the financial ability to care for your kitty family for years to come.

How does cat insurance work?

Medical insurance for cats is simple with Trupanion. You pay a monthly premium that covers new, unexpected illnesses or injuries throughout your cat’s life.


If your cat is sick or injured, take them to any veterinarian, specialty center, or emergency hospital in Canada, the US or Puerto Rico.


We’ll cover 90% of eligible healthcare expenses for your cat or kitten. You are responsible for any non-eligible expenses, your deductible, and the remaining 10%.


When it comes to the unexpected, we'll be there for life. You're only responsible for the routine and preventive care — the costs you expect to pay as a cat owner.

What does medical insurance for cats cover?

We provide one simple plan that covers 90% of unexpected veterinary costs. This includes hospital stays, diagnostic tests, medications, surgeries, and other treatments that arise when your feline friend is ill or injured. Plus, your deductible doesn't kick in until after we apply your 90% coverage, and there are no limits on the amount we reimburse.

Virtually every type of injury or illness is eligible for coverage, as long as it is not considered pre-existing. We do not exclude any conditions or breed-specific ailments, and we even cover hereditary and congenital conditions, provided signs were not evident before your enrollment date.

The bottom line? Trupanion is your constant companion. Sprains a paw? We’ll cover it. Allergies? We’ve got it covered. Swallows a rubber band? We’ve covered it before, and we’ll do it again. Nibbles on a toxic plant? We’re there for you. Again, and again, and again.

We love informed decisions. See our policy for full coverage details.

How much does medical insurance for cats cost?

Each cat is unique, which is why our prices are customized to your kitten’s or cat’s situation. The cost of medical insurance for cats varies based on several factors.

You control your deductible

Once you get your paws on a quote, choose your monthly premium by selecting a deductible from $0 to $1,000. This is the amount you’ll be responsible for before your coverage kicks in. This gives you the flexibility to set a monthly premium that best fits your budget, and you can lower or increase your deductible in your first 30 days any time by giving us a call.

What might cause my premium to change?

Over the life of your cat, you may see periodic adjustments to your premium, which may be an increase or a decrease. Premium changes are due to deductible changes, if you move to a new address, and the average cost of cats similar to yours based on our claims experience and inflation.

However, you will never see an automatic increase to your premium as a result of filing a claim. We know that you have no control over whether your feline friend gets sick or injured, which is why we don't penalize members with increased premiums solely because they’ve filed a claim.

When should I get medical insurance for my cat or kitten?

The best time to think about insurance for your cat is when they are a kitten or young adult. Every cat is prone to certain types of illnesses and injuries in each stage of life, so it’s important to be prepared every step of the way.

Our Ragdoll kittens come with 30 days free Trupanion insurance!

You can learn more info about Trupanion, we do not get commission or compensated an anyway.

bottom of page